Saturday, December 2, 2006

CLEP exams

I took several CLEP exams when I had already graduated from college, and was seeking teacher certification and did not want to get stuck taking a bunch of undergraduate courses. This really worked out for me. I thought the exams were easy, and actually enjoyed them.

One warning: just because a college is administering the exams, does not mean that they will accept the exams for credit. Don't assume that because your college's guidance office is setting you up with the exam materials, proctoring, etc. that they will actually grant you credit- find out first, and GET IT IN WRITING. I had to fight with the college involved- the guidance person I dealt with was very tricky; she implied that I could take the exams and then get credit, and then when the test scores were back, informed me that "F M College (no names given here) does not give credit for these exams". I went all the way up to the office of the president, and things got a bit nasty with the head of the English Department, but I won in the end. So, GET IN WRITING what the policy is, and avoid the "he said, she said" BS.

FOr more information about CLEP exams, Click Here!

No comments: